I was inspired by Fruitful's thread about how she had a lightbulb moment and realized that Angie's posts on picking teams was more than just a fun poll but a way to define and refine your style. And by Laurinda saying she would use the Team X Team Y posts as a quiz for her girlfriends.
So, I had another lightbulb moment and thought, why not combine those ideas and make it into a YLF challenge? I think this will really help each of us figure out our own style! Plus, it will be a fascinating read to see each member's replies. I bet we'll even be able to figure out who are style twins by people's responses to these questions.
So, without further ado, here are 50 Team X Team Y questions for you to answer. I selected some from Angie's list of Team X Team Y posts, and added a bunch of my own as well. And, as Angie says--over to you, and no batting for both teams! (If you can't decide, you can sit on the bench).
PS, if you want to post one or a few representative looks of your style, I think that would be great! It will really help us visualize how you put these questions all together!
YLF Team X Team Y challenge questions:
Personal Style and Silhouettes
1. Casual or Dressy—do you tend to underdress or overdress?
2. Minimal or Maximal—Less is More, or A Lot Going On?
3. Polished or RATE (Rough Around the Edges)
4. Feminine or Androgynous
5. Sleek or Frilly—do you prefer simple looks or embellished with ruffles, bows etc.?
6. Fitted or Flowy—body conscious or voluminous looks?
7. Waist definition or Waist surrender—do you like to have your waist showing or hidden?
8. Volume on top or Volume on bottom—tunics/ponchos with leggings/skinny jeans or fitted tops and full skirts?
9. Classic or Trendy—do you stick with the tried and true or do you always like to try something new?
10. Singular or Schizophrenic—do you stick with your one well-defined style or do you mix it up with lots of different looks?
Shopping, Wardrobe and Wearing Habits
11. Online or In-store--where do you mostly shop?
12. Thrift or Retail
13. Full price or Bargain price—do you mostly buy full-price items, or do you always wait for sales before you buy something?
14. Tops or Bottoms—do you mostly shop for tops or for bottoms?
15. Impulse or Deliberate shopper—do you tend to buy things impulsively when you first see them, or do you think and wait for a long time before purchasing something? Also related, do you buy things randomly that you see and like, or only look for a specific item that you know you need?
16. Keep or Return—do you pretty much keep everything once you buy it, or do you buy a lot and return most of it after trying it at home?
17. Wear or Save—do you rip the tags off and wear right away or do you let things sit in your closet for a long time?
18. Edit or Keep—are you minimal or maximal in number of items in your wardrobe? Are you a ruthless purger or do you save a lot of your clothes?
19. Dip or Dive—when trying trends or new looks for you, do you dip your toes in the water or do you dive right in?
Colors & Patterns
20. Colors or Neutrals—do you prefer colors, or neutrals like white, black, gray, brown & beige?
21. Lights or Darks—do you prefer lighter colors like pastels or darker colors?
22. Warm or Cool—do you wear warmer or cooler colors?
23. Brights or Muted
24. Earth Tones or Jewel Tones
25. High contrast or Low contrast—do you prefer high contrast or monochromatic looks?
26. Matched or Mismatched—do you try to match colors or wear different shades of the same color?
27. Black or White—which do you wear more, black or white?
28. Black or Brown
29. Gold or Silver—both for jewelry and clothes
30. Solids or Patterns—and if you do patterns, do you do pattern mixing?
31. Floral (or other organic nature-inspired patterns) or Geometric—which type of pattern do you prefer?
What you Wear
32. Blouses or Knits
33. Long sleeves or Short sleeves
34. Jacket or Cardigan
35. Cropped or Tunic/hip length Cardigan
36. Skirt or Pants
37. Skirt or Dress
38. Mini or Midi
39. Leggings or Jeans
40. Bootcut or Skinnies
41. Bare legs or Hosiery
42. Heels or Flats
43. Stilettos or Stacked heels
44. Round toe or Pointy toe
45. Knee high boots or Ankle boots
46. Sandals or Sneakers
47. Scarf or Necklace—how do you like to adorn your neck?
48. Bejeweled or Bare—do you wear jewelry or not?
49. Natural or Made-up—do you wear makeup?
50. Wash and go or Styled—do you routinely spend time blow drying, curling and/or putting products in your hair?
ETA: Oh no! I forgot a couple!
51. Modern vs. retro
52. Big purse vs. small purse