I went in for an eye exam because I'm having more trouble with reading up close. My prescription has changed (R eye has improved) and it's been 4 years since I got new glasses, so it's time for new ones. She said I could try progressives if I wanted to, but it was only going to be +0.75 additional so she said it probably wouldn't be worth it. Do any of you wear progressive lenses? I didn't order them but am wondering if I should have.
Here are the top picks of the pairs I tried on. I wish I could have asked you all before I ordered, but I was in a bit of a rush--the baby was hungry and we had to get back home to let the nanny off, so I went ahead and just picked my two favorites, one red and one brown (I like having color options to match my outfits). What do you think of these (1 & 2) vs. the runner-ups (3 & 4)? It will take two weeks, so if you really think I made a mistake I can try to cancel my order right away. Sorry for the bad pics with the funny facial expressions and lens glare. I feel like these glasses looked better in the mirror than they do in these pics. I also bought a pair of prescription sunglasses (5). I really liked them so I didn't pick a runner up.
Thanks for your advice!
The ones I picked/ordered:
1. Prada red plastic frame--it was between this and #3, but I (and the sales clerk) preferred the chunkier frame (she said it looked more modern). I also like the cat eye-ish shape.
2. Guess brown plastic frame--DH wasn't a fan of the red and green stripes at the side--he said it was a Gucci logo/symbol. It didn't bother me though and I liked the shape and tortoiseshell color.
3. Nine West reddish metallic--DH picked these and they were his favorite. I like them too and it was hard to decide between 1 & 3. This one has nose pads and a thinner frame than the others. I guess this one is a more classic look whereas 1 is a little more geeky/funky. Which one do you think looks better on me?
4. Ray-Ban violet plastic frames--the inside of these glasses are lavender, which is not my color, but the outside looks black or dark violet.
Also got a pair of sunglasses.
5. LaCoste sunglasses. I liked these a lot.
6. Bonus baby pic at the optometrist!
This post is also published in the youlookfab forum. You can read and reply to it in either place. All replies will appear in both places.