After trying out my old maternity clothes last week, I was really happy to get back into my regular non-maternity clothes. Though I am having to get more selective about which ones I can still wear. And also I am now worried about stretching them out too much since some of you warned me my clothes could get permanently stretched out. (http://youlookfab.com/welookfa.....tchbag-out) So today I finally went and bought a few new maternity pieces to supplement my old maternity wardrobe (http://youlookfab.com/welookfa.....y-skinnies).
I felt much more like "me" this week in my usual clothes than last week. Funny how I was so in love with those maternity clothes the last two pregnancies but now that I've gone through my YLF style revamp, they are feeling kind of not my style anymore! Or at least, not up to my usual standards. So I'm still trying to squeeze into these non-maternity outfits.
This week I found myself doing a black and white theme! Maybe next week I should do orange and black, LOL!
Observations this week:
1. I don't always have to have a lot of color to make me happy, but I do like to have a lot of texture/pattern mixing (and/or matchy matchy-ing, like with the polka dots) when I do black and white.
2. I like black and white much more than other neutrals like brown and grey...I'm on team high contrast!
3. My Kate Spade black trench, black Frye boots, and the black LeSak purse (which I like because it has a texture to the cloth so it's not completely plain) were real workhorses this week! Also I wore the same black pendant and silver hammered bracelet a lot this week.
4. Tights helped keep me more comfortable about wearing my old clothes, esp. since my dresses and skirts have turned into minis by the time they go around my big belly!
5. I love it when it rains, because I get to pull out my Wonder Woman burgundy boots! Got so many compliments on those boots all day!
1-4. Even though it's a little fancy, I wore this outfit to work because DD and I attended a "tea party" after school/work at one of her friend's houses. Perfect opportunity to wear our matching black and white and white and black polka dot dresses! In addition to the Kate Spade dress and fake pearls, I'm also wearing a pink H&M cardi for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and DD has pink flowers on her dress and headband. We went to another girl's birthday party after that and we were supposed to be witches, but DD didn't want to take off her dotty dress. I'm wearing my Dotty handbag and DD has her Hello Kitty handbag.
5-7. It was raining so I brought out my burgundy Aquatalia Vavoom rain boots. Classiques Entier black and white honeycomb pattern jacket from OC swap (waving at MaryK!) was stretchy enough to still wear. ASOS black midi skirt with elastic waistband. Le Sak black bag, WHBM pendant and Kate Spade Melissa trench.
8-11. Calvin Klein black and white sweater dress from Nordstrom Rack, black obi belt, black tights, Le Sak purse and black Frye Melissa boots. WHBM bracelet. DD was enamored of my Aquatalia rain boots and had fun wearing them!
12-13. Maggy London wrap dress, black cami, black tights, Le Sak purse, WHBM pendant, black Frye boots.
14-16. H&M grey floral blouse, nude cami, Halogen burgundy houndstooth pencil skirt, grey ribbed tights, Tahari black leather jacket, burgundy Aquatalia rain boots, Kate Spade grey croc tote.
17. Bonus: my new iPhone and Casemate peacock case!