I'm following in others' footsteps and collecting my Decade challenge looks/posts here into one thread. Thanks Bella for the super fun challenge!
OK I am dying laughing here because I got dressed before I saw MaryK's post. We are blouse twins--I bought the bee blouse she posted about earlier and this is the first time I'm wearing it! We must be psychic--style twins!
I'm wearing it with a Lafayette 148 leather and tweed skirt and my Fossil vintage reissue floral satchel. And Indigo by Clark ankle strap pumps.
3-7. 50's (I wore #3 to work)
The 50's are my favorite--I can pull out all my new midi skirts! I love tucking fitted tops into flared midi skirts so this is my kind of silhouette. Help me pick what to wear tomorrow--I just can't decide!
3-4. Anne Fontaine blouse with Anthro floral midi skirt and nude ankle strap pumps. With Anthro mustard blazer.
5. Anne Fontaine blouse with H&M plaid midi.
6. Anthro green blazer and floral midi skirt and Halogen lace-trimmed cami
7. Kate Spade polka dot dress and red T strap pumps.
8-10. 60's. Didn't wear these because I was off work (wore #11 instead).
8-9. Banana Republic black sheath dress. I don't own any minidresses so this will have to do. It's ancient...haven't worn it in over 10 years! Pucci scarf that I got at Loehmann's when MaryK came to town. Kate Spade High Line Leica bag in turquoise. And my Aquatalia "go-go" boots. None of it exactly authentic, but kind of gives off a mod vibe.
10. And then I have to add the yellow "Mad Men" style Eliza J sheath dress that I just posted about in my earlier thread.
11-15. 70's. Bonus shot of my mom wearing similarly loud print, holding newborn me.
Sorry I'm late posting these, was busy with work and with a sick kid, but here are my 70's looks. The first one I actually wore on the 60's day because I wasn't going to work so the sheath dresses I posted wouldn't work for MOTG. But it's kind of a late 60's/early 70's look to me. Thursday I wore the Missoni Target crazy patterned blouse, Pilcro flare cords in rust, and mustard yellow blazer and my suede rust colored heeled sandals. This crazy colorful blouse reminds me of the patterns my mom used to wear when I was little in the 70's. Growing up in the 80's/90's, we always thought those clothes looked so tacky and loud, and yet here I am wearing the same type of clothes now that I have babies of my own. Funny how that works!
11. Hinge mustard & grey damask patterned tie neck blouse, Gap Long and Lean dark grey jeans tucked into brown suede La Canadienne boots.
12-14. Missoni Target blouse, Anthro cords & blazer, and Chie Mihara sandals.
15. My mom and me at 1 week old!
16-17. 80's (wore #16 to work).
Here are my 80's outfits. The first one I wore to work Friday. I don't know that it's truly 80's since I was a teenager in the 80's and didn't dress like this, but it feels 80's inspired.
16. Coral short sleeve blouse belted with black braided leather stretchy belt, with cobalt long sleeve blouse layered over it. Oh yeah, I also turned the collars up for the picture (but down again for work)...feels very 80's to do the turned up collar. Black wavy textured mini (it's not that mini, but compared to the midis I wear now it's short). Lots of black and silver bangles. Clothes from H&M and belt and bangles from Forever 21. Plus my B Makowsky Heist leopard heels with red trim. Got a lot of compliments on my outfit that day, especially the shoes!
And here's my vintage 80's sweater tunic I posted about here (see the post for pics of me in the 80's):
Nobody wanted me to wear it in real life, but I couldn't resist pulling it out again for this challenge. Didn't leave the house like this but it was still fun!
17. Vintage 80's acrylic sweater tunic in electric purple with teal handprints. Forever 21 black elastic belt, 7 for all mankind black legging jeans, and blue/teal peep toe wedges (new from the clearance rack at DSW!). Plus the stack of black and silver bangles, of course.