This was a lot trickier than I thought! I have a lot of fab clothes, but not much that I would consider "very 2014". As Angie said though, it's all in the styling. What do you think, did I achieve a "so 2014" look? This is a new silhouette and new combination for me, but still feels very me!
Theory Lanai leather trim blazer
Missoni for Target floral blouse
Helmut Lang draped black trousers
Kate Spade Japanese floral satchel
Kate Spade Japanese floral sneakers
Forever 21 studded bracelet
Alexis Bittar pendant
- Irregular Outfit Juxtaposition: "Suit" with sneakers--this reminds me of the 1980's when women (including my mom) wore power suits and sneakers to the office! I'm actually wearing this to work today...
- Just Enough Structure: Baggy slouchy trousers, with a cutaway blazer to provide a little bit of waist definition. Definitely not the fitted waist tailored fit look I was wearing when my Demure Bombshell persona first emerged!
- Combining the Classics with Trends: Classic blazer, button down blouse and satchel, yet trendy with the pattern mixing (floral blouse and floral purse/sneakers) and pattern matching (matchy matchy floral purse and sneakers).
- Hip to Be Square: Geeky glasses, clunky bracelet and Converse sneakers.
- High-Low style: High-end Theory blazer, Helmut Lang pants, Alexis Bittar necklace and Kate Spade purse & sneakers, combined with low-end Missoni for Target blouse and Forever 21 studded bracelet.