Mary asked me in another thread how many handbags I own and whether I switch them out every day. Yes, I do in fact try to coordinate my handbag to my outfit...it's part of the fun! I wasn't sure how many I had so I decided to inventory them. I decided to only count bags I've bought since joining YLF since most of my pre-YLF bags are quite old and worn and I don't use them much. I have 15 post-YLF bags, and 2 pre-YLF bags that are still in regular rotation (red Fossil tote and brown Jack Georges briefcase). I tend to use large satchels or totes so I can carry everything I need, sometimes including my laptop and work papers.
The rest of my pre-YLF bags are mostly tiny handbags that aren't very practical now that I have kids and work. Including one Coach purse that is very worn (the corners are frayed/split and I don't think it's fixable. And some Paul Frank and Gama Go purses that I think are probably too childish to go with my current style now. I'm including a few pics of some of them, but they don't get used very often.
I'm pretty happy with my lineup--I've got nearly all the colors of the rainbow, plus neutrals. The only bags I would potentially add are a black evening clutch and a green satchel, to complete the rainbow. But otherwise I feel like I have a fab handbag to go with pretty much any outfit I wear!
How many handbags do you own? I'm curious to see if I'm on the high or low side. Pics appreciated if possible (either individual or group shots of your whole collection). Especially if you can show me how you organize your handbags in your closet! Right now I have all the satchels (except the clutches/small bags which are on a shelf) stuffed under my skirts/jackets on the closet floor, and that is not ideal. Which handbag is the most used and which is your favorite?
1. Red snakeskin structured bag (White House Black Market)
2. Fossil red diamond satchel
3. Red ruffle evening clutch (Nordstrom)
4. Fossil red North-South Executive tote (old, from Macy's)
5. Kate Spade orange slice straw bag
6. Dooney & Bourke yellow satchel
7. Kate Spade turquoise clutch
8. Guess purple and orange handbag (TJ Maxx)
9. Fossil floral satchel
10. Jack Georges brown briefcase (old, from Macy's)
11. Marc by Marc Jacobs dotty snake crossbody purse (Nordstrom)
12. Kate Spade Japanese floral Melinda satchel
13. Jason Wu for Target straw handbag
14. Jason Wu for Target Milu cat tote
15. Kate Spade grey croc tote
16. Fossil black chevron tote
17. Ralph Lauren black doctor's satchel (TJ Maxx)
18. Paul Frank Parisian handbag (I have more, not pictured)
19. Green mini satchel (unknown brand)
20. Ann Taylor Loft green flat handbag (too small, but matches jacket--gift from mom)
21. Grey evening bag (think it was a gift with an Estee Lauder makeup set)
22. Black sequin evening bag (worn, needs replacing & too small)
23. Coach black handbag (worn beyond repair)
I think my most used bag is the Fossil floral satchel and my favorite is the Kate Spade orange slice purse. The most expensive one was the Dooney & Bourke (the Kate Spade purses were all bought on sale). Which one of these do you like best?